What Questions Should I Ask Before Buying A Tonneau Cover
So you just purchased your dream truck and now you’re in the market for a tonneau cover.
So you just purchased your dream truck and now you’re in the market for a tonneau cover. Whether it’s all about styling, getting the most out of each trip to the gas pump, or you just need to protect your gear, there are a few basic questions to consider before you make your purchase. A quality tonneau cover will last the life of your truck and add value to your truck, so don’t be hasty in your decision or go cheap.
- HOW DO YOU USE YOUR TRUCK THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME? Are you constantly needing bed access to haul things like loads of dirt or tall items like appliances or motorcycles? Or is the more common cargo groceries and luggage or valuables like tools or sports equipment? Does your cover need to work in conjunction with a toolbox or bike rack? How often you need access to your truck bed, how much area of your truck bed you need access to, what kind of security you need, and whether or not your cargo is big and tall are all questions to consider. If you answered yes to any of the above, the versatile and secure UnderCover Flex might be the answer for you.
- WHAT KIND OF WEATHER DO YOU NEED TO PROTECT AGAINST? Do you live with Seattle rain, Buffalo snow, or the intense sun in Phoenix? Some tonneau’s, like our Elite LX, are specifically wrap over the bedrails of your truck, to provide maximum protection against the elements. Depending on the type of material the cover is made of, some withstand heat and sun better than others, as well as function better in frigid temperatures. All UnderCover tonneaus are built here in the USA and can handle all of the above.
- WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET? Tonneau covers come with a wide price range, so no matter what functionality you need, there’s a good chance you can find something that won’t break the budget. Check out our original UnderCover Classic cover that provides a wweather-tightcustom fit at a great value.
- WILL YOU BE INSTALLING THE COVER? If you’ll be installing the cover yourself, or if you plan to occasionally remove the cover, you will want to go with a cover that is light weight, easy to remove, and requires no drill installation. Our covers are some of the lightest on the market and are designed to be quickly and easily removed and re-installed, and no drilling required...
- DOES YOUR TRUCK HAVE A LIFT? You’d think a lift would make a one piece hinging hard cover difficult to close…Not the case with UnderCover. Our hard shells come with a pull strap to assist pulling down the cover in its open position. Its important to keep in mind that some snapping, folding, or rolling covers may be more difficult to operate if your truck has a more than mild lift.
- DOES YOUR TRUCK HAVE A TOOL BOX? If your truck is currently equipped with a tool box that mounts over the plain if the bedrails, your options may be limited when it comes to choosing a tonneau cover. Although UnderCover offers an alternative to the traditional tool-box with our UnderCover SwingCase. With the SwingCase you can have all the amenties of tool-box without sacrificing a tonneau cover.
At UnderCover, we know how important it is to find the tonneau cover that fits how you use your truck, and we’d love to assist you in considering your options. Click here or call us at (866) 900-8800 if you would like to speak with one of our knowledgeable reps. We are confident that as you research and shop for a tonneau cover you will find that UnderCover is the product and company that will meet your needs and expectations.